Program Planning Office
Steve Geer, Head
The Program Planning Office within the Fermilab Directorate coordinates
the experimental physics program carried out at the Laboratory. The
office provides a link between ongoing and planned experiments and the
- Acting as liaison between experimenters and laboratory staff
regarding beam conditions during accelerator operation.
- Establishing priorities between accelerator studies and experiments
and among experiments, in consultation with the Director, and
resolving conflicting requests from experiments.
- Coordinating Division and Section reviews of draft Memoranda of
Understanding for approved experiments.
- Coordinating updates to the "Procedures for Researchers" which
provides a guide for researchers using Fermilab facilities.
The office also assists the Director in monitoring progress and planning
for the future, by:
- Organizing and chairing weekly All Experimenters Meetings.
- Monitoring the progress of the program schedule implementation.
- Assisting in organizing the Physics Advisory Committee Meetings.
- Developing short- and long-range experiment schedules according to
guidance from the Director.
Back to Director's Office
last modified 10/15/2014 — H. Ramamoorthi - email@example.com