- In Brief: Dan Hooper to appear on NPR's 'Science Friday' today at 1 p.m. Central time
- Frontier Science Result: CMS: Rule of three
- In Brief: Talk by Hannah Bloch kicks off Fermilab Women's Initiative - Monday at 3 p.m. in One West
- Changes to parking rules
- Photos of the Day: Fog at dawn: three views
- From Scientific American, March 25, 2015: Fact or fiction?: Dark matter killed the dinosaurs
- From Quanta Magazine, March 20, 2015: 'Penguin' anomaly hints at missing particles
Nominations sought for Employee Advisory Group
Nominations are now being accepted for new members to serve on the Employee Advisory Group. The committee meets once per month and is regularly joined by several members of the senior management team. Fermilab benefits from the EAG's formal recommendations, which come after the EAG studies a topic, as well as the extensive discussions of complex issues.
Read more in Fermilab Today.
Flexible Work Program launched
Flexible work options -- including telecommuting, flextime and alternative work schedules -- are now available for Fermilab employees. For more information and to view the new labwide policy, visit the Flexible Work Program webpage.
Plan ahead for inclement weather
Before inclement weather strikes, talk with your supervisor to determine if telecommuting is an option in the event of dangerous weather. If it is and you have not already completed a lab telecommuting agreement, please fill it out and give it to your supervisor (the agreement must be completed and given to your supervisor prior to an inclement weather situation).
All employees, particularly those whose work requires them to be present at the lab or those who do not wish to travel during inclement weather when the lab is considered open, should refer to the Inclement Weather and Snow Policy.
Have a lab operations-related comment or suggestion?
Submit it to Tim Meyer, Fermilab's chief operating officer, here.
New plan for U.S. particle physics
The 10-year P5 report was approved by the High Energy Physics Advisory Panel on May 22. On May 28, Fermilab Director Nigel Lockyer led an all-hands meeting to discuss the P5 report and how Fermilab's scientific program will align with the plan. A video of the talk and the presentation slides are available in the online archive.
See Nigel Lockyer's August 19 Director's Corner for a P5 progress update.
Have a comment or suggestion about how to make Fermilab a more productive and vibrant place to work? Submit it to the Employee Advisory Group.
Want to send a suggestion to senior management? Submit it here.
Have a safety-related concern to report? Submit it through the service desk.
- Anti-harassment policy
- Apply for computing accounts
- Benefits forms
- Business services forms
- Director's policy guide
- Engineering Manual
- Facilities Request Form
- Material move request
- Nondiscrimination policy
- Performance appraisal forms
- Personnel policies
- Purchase requisition form
- Reasonable accommodation policy
- Travel policy
- CDMS (E891)
- COUPP Experiment (E961)
- Dark Energy Survey
- DarkSide (E1000)
- Fermilab/NICADD Photoinjector Laboratory (E886)
- Holometer (E990)
- MINERvA (E938)
- MINOS/MINOS+ (E875/E934/E1016)
- Pierre Auger Observatory (E881)
- SeaQuest (E906)
- Test Beam Facility
- U.S. CMS (E892/E919)
- Very Large Hadron Collider
Experiments no longer running, still analyzing data
- LHC Physics Center
- MiniBooNE (E898/E944)
- MIPP (E907)
- Sci BooNE (E954)
- Sloan Digital Sky Survey (E885/E949)
- Tevatron Electroweak Working Group
- Tevatron New Phenomena Working Group
- U.S. Lattice QCD
Experiments in R&D or construction phase
Office of the Chief Project Officer
Office of the Chief Research Officer
Office of the Chief Information Officer
Office of the Chief Accelerator Officer
Office of the Chief Technology Officer
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
Office of the Chief Operating Officer
- Facilities Engineering Services Section
- Illinois Accelerator Research Center
- Office of General Counsel
- Office of Campus Strategy and Readiness
- Office of Communication
- Office of Integrated Planning and Performance Management
- Office of Partnerships and Technology Transfer
- Workforce Development and Resources Section
- Last modified
- email Fermilab