Physics Questions People Ask Fermilab
Quantum fields, superstrings and all that
- Scattering matrix
"Could you please help me by explaining what is actually meant by S-matrix?"
- Concept of ether in explaining forces?
"Will there be any research carried out in the near or distant future to find a physical relationship between gravity, mass, light, matter/antimatter through something like the idea of ether hundred years ago?"
- Consequences of the success of superstring theory?
"What will be the consequences if superstring theory is successful? Will physics come to an end?"
- The smallest constituents of matter
- 1. Do you think the particle model of matter is true? Why?
2. If all matter is made up of particles, then what are particles made up of?
- Is the top quark the end of the particle line?
"Why do you think the top quark is the end of the particle line?"
- Are Feynman's statements correct?
"In a book with a series of lectures, Feynman insists that:
1) There is no need for an uncertainty principle
2) Photons can travel slower or faster than lightspeed
3) Photons reflect from a mirror in ALL angles.
Is he right?"
- Living in extra dimensions
"If two-dimensional people possess no mass in the third dimension, then how can a three-dimensional sphere attract them?"
- Do gravitons exist?
"A book mentioned a theoretical boson called a graviton that would be responsible for the force of gravity. Is there any evidence that it might exist?"
- Wave Mechanics Comment
"I am interested in quantum mechanics and have done some reading into it before I looked it up on the internet."
- Last modified
- email Fermilab