- Magnet's last stand
- Director's Corner: The road to the top
- Photo of the Day: Where's my food?
- In Brief: Science Next Door September newsletter now online
- In Brief: Louise LeBourgeois talks about her work - tomorrow at noon in Fermilab Art Gallery
- From The Physics Teacher, September 2014: The expanding universe: dark energy
- From Quanta Magazine, Aug. 27, 2014: Quark quartet fuels quantum feud
Have a lab operations-related comment or suggestion?
Submit it to Tim Meyer, Fermilab's chief operating officer, here.
Building alarm system changes on Saturdays in September
On Saturday, September 6, 13, 20 and 27 between 8 a.m. and noon, the FIRUS system will undergo a software upgrade and system functional tests. This means that the FIRUS system will be off-line at all buildings on the Fermilab site during this time; the system will not automatically notify the Security Communication Center of an active Fire-Security-Utility alarm. The local building fire alarm systems and other independent emergency systems will work only locally. Pull-stations will be functional during this period and should still be utilized in the event of a fire to evacuate the building but must be followed by a call to 3131. Duress security alarms, which report directly to FIRUS, will also not function during this time.
Power outage in Wilson Hall east tower Tuesday morning
On Tuesday, Sept. 2, there will be a 10- to 20-minute power outage between 7 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. in Wilson Hall. The entire east tower will be affected, including portions of the north and south crossovers on every floor. Turn off all electronic equipment before leaving on Friday, August 29. Routine electronical service will be offline for the duration of this outage. Elevator cars 1, 2 and 4 will be available during this brief outage. Emergency and exit lights will be operational during the outage.
New plan for U.S. particle physics
The 10-year P5 report was approved by the High Energy Physics Advisory Panel on May 22. On May 28, Fermilab Director Nigel Lockyer led an all-hands meeting to discuss the P5 report and how Fermilab's scientific program will align with the plan. A video of the talk and the presentation slides are available in the online archive.
See Nigel Lockyer's August 19 Director's Corner for a P5 progress update.
Have a comment or suggestion about how to make Fermilab a more productive and vibrant place to work? Submit it to the Employee Advisory Group.
Want to send a suggestion to senior management? Submit it here.
Have a safety-related concern to report? Submit it through the service desk.
- Anti-harassment Policy
- Apply for Fermilab ID and Computing Accounts
- Benefits Forms
- Business Services Forms
- Director's Policy Guide
- Engineering Manual
- Facilities Request Form
- Material Move Request
- Nondiscrimination Policy
- Performance Appraisal Forms
- Personnel Policies
- Purchase Requisition Form
- Reasonable Accommodation Policy
- Travel Policy
Experiments no longer running, still analyzing data
- LHC Physics Center
- MiniBooNE (E898/E944)
- MIPP (E907)
- Sci BooNE (E954)
- Sloan Digital Sky Survey (E885/E949)
- Tevatron Electroweak Working Group
- Tevatron New Phenomena Working Group
- U.S. Lattice QCD
Experiments in R&D or construction phase
- Office of Integrated Planning & Performance Management
- Office of Project Support Services
- Office of Partnerships and Technology Transfer
- Office of Communication
- Program Planning Office
- Legal Office
Particle Physics Sector
- Last modified
- email Fermilab