Tours, Programs and Events
Fermilab’s site is open every day from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. in the summer months and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. the rest of the year. Public tours and tours by appointment are available. Public tours are offered every Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. and as part of the Ask-a-Scientist event on the first Sunday of each month.
The Lederman Science Center is open to the public and offers hands-on science exhibits for students. Visit the Lederman Science Center Web page for more information on hours and tours.
Those interested can volunteer with Fermilab Natural Areas, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to restore, manage and conserve Fermilab's natural areas in support of its science mission. View FNA's calendar of events.
Field trips are available for the following groups:
- High school groups: Groups of 10-100 students are welcome. Please see the Education Office high school tours page for more information.
- Middle and elementary school groups: Physical science and prairie ecology field trips are available for students in grades 1-8. Teachers must participate in a field trip program workshop before bringing their students. More information is available on the Education Office Educators page.
- Homeschooling groups: Please call the Lederman Science Center at 630-840-8258 to set up a visit.
Every month, Fermilab offers numerous events for the public. The best way to stay informed about these events is to subscribe to Science Next Door, Fermilab’s community newsletter.
Follow these links to get more information about our public events.
- Arts and Lecture Series
- Educational events
- Ecology events
- Colloquium lecture series
- Physics for Everyone lectures
- Fermilab Art Gallery
- Folk and Barn Dancing
- Tom Skilling’s Tornado and Severe Weather Seminar
- Last modified
- email Fermilab