- From symmetry: Forecasting the future
- Frontier Science Result: DES: Dark Energy Survey discovers new trans-Neptunian objects
- Photos of the Day: Viceroys
- In Brief: FIRUS system upgrades to affect alarm system sitewide
- From LC NewsLine, Sept. 4, 2014: Linacs in all (linear) shapes and sizes
- From LiveScience, Sept. 8, 2014: New particle detector could reveal universe's missing antimatter
Building alarm system changes on Saturdays
On Saturday, September 13, 20 and 27 and October 4 and 11 between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m., the FIRUS system will undergo a software upgrade and system functional tests. This means that the FIRUS system will be off-line at all buildings on the Fermilab site during this time; the system will not automatically notify the Security Communication Center of an active Fire-Security-Utility alarm. The local building fire alarm systems and other independent emergency systems will work only locally. Pull-stations will be functional during this period and should still be utilized in the event of a fire to evacuate the building but must be followed by a call to ext. 3131 from a Fermilab office phone or 630-840-3131 from a cell phone. Duress security alarms, which report directly to FIRUS, will also not function during this time.
Have a lab operations-related comment or suggestion?
Submit it to Tim Meyer, Fermilab's chief operating officer, here.
New plan for U.S. particle physics
The 10-year P5 report was approved by the High Energy Physics Advisory Panel on May 22. On May 28, Fermilab Director Nigel Lockyer led an all-hands meeting to discuss the P5 report and how Fermilab's scientific program will align with the plan. A video of the talk and the presentation slides are available in the online archive.
See Nigel Lockyer's August 19 Director's Corner for a P5 progress update.
Have a comment or suggestion about how to make Fermilab a more productive and vibrant place to work? Submit it to the Employee Advisory Group.
Want to send a suggestion to senior management? Submit it here.
Have a safety-related concern to report? Submit it through the service desk.
- Anti-harassment Policy
- Apply for Fermilab ID and Computing Accounts
- Benefits Forms
- Business Services Forms
- Director's Policy Guide
- Engineering Manual
- Facilities Request Form
- Material Move Request
- Nondiscrimination Policy
- Performance Appraisal Forms
- Personnel Policies
- Purchase Requisition Form
- Reasonable Accommodation Policy
- Travel Policy
Experiments no longer running, still analyzing data
- LHC Physics Center
- MiniBooNE (E898/E944)
- MIPP (E907)
- Sci BooNE (E954)
- Sloan Digital Sky Survey (E885/E949)
- Tevatron Electroweak Working Group
- Tevatron New Phenomena Working Group
- U.S. Lattice QCD
Experiments in R&D or construction phase
- Office of Integrated Planning & Performance Management
- Office of Project Support Services
- Office of Partnerships and Technology Transfer
- Office of Communication
- Program Planning Office
- Legal Office
Particle Physics Sector
Have a question about whether your event is suitable for the labwide calendar? Call 630-840-3351. Having trouble viewing, accessing or adding an event to the calendar? Submit a Service Desk request.
- Last modified
- email Fermilab